3. The price of gold is higher than that of copper.
III. Перепишите предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения глаголов tobe, tohave, todo. 1. Crude oil export has increased recently.
2. According to official statements our wealth was to rise but it did not.
3. Some people do not know that education was free.
4. Don't speak during the lessons.
5. There weren't any beggars in trains before.
6. We'll have to accept new household expenses.
IV. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на бессоюзное подчинение (см. Образецвыполнения 3). 1. We are surprised he hasn't come to the meeting.
2. They say advertising takes too much time on TV.
V. Перепишите следующие предложения и переведите их на русский язык, обращая внимание на функцию инфинитива. 1. To sell more is the only task of this company.
1. Marks and Spencer is the British food and clothes company. It is one of the most famous shops in the world. Now there are about 300 their shops in Britain and many more in other European countries and in North America. Many people work for this company. It employs about 50 000 people worldwide.
2. Expansion overseas has increased the sales. Now many shops abroad are franchises. Owners of these shops buy all their stock from the main company and pay the company a percentage of their turnover.
3 The clothes vary from country to country. More short-sleeved shirts are sold in warm regions while more suits and sweaters are sent to northern countries. In Europe they sell large clothes and in Japan they stock smaller sizes because of the average size of the population. Food departments are also very popular especially at lunchtime.
4. The company keeps high standards of quality and all suppliers are to have regular inspections. Customers can return any item they think is unsatisfactory. Most suppliers are British. About 80 per cent of goods are produced in Britain.