societies and decide which of them is a «do – it – yourself» society.
2. You are a student. Your mother tries to prove that the use of blunt speech is
abnormal, that you should speak correctly and fluently. Try to find a
3. Discuss the difference between American and Russian way of resting.
4. Imagine that you are in the Arabic country and you don’t know how
Arabians greet each other and other people. Ask your friend to explain the way
of greetings in their country.
5. You’ve met a woman or a man at the restaurant. He is asking you impolite
questions. Show your attitude to this situation and explain that it’s not correct.
6. You are standing in a line to pay for your stuff behind a woman in a mall in the
USA. She starts to complain that you’ve intruded her “comfort zone”. Solve the
CHAPTER 3 RELATIONSHIPS